Foraging - What do YOU want?

I like the idea of having a limited shelf life on gathered materials. In Accursed Lands, gathered items would eventually wither away, but it only worked if you were present in the room. Meaning, storing everything in a building and only ever opening the door to drop things off or take things out gave them a near infinite timer.

Some nice things about the gathering system in that game were that you could “forage” and have a chance to pull up any random forageable the tile had to offer. But, if you knew the name of a plant, you could “gather acma root”, and look specifically for that item.

I definitely prefer to have mining, fishing, and harvesting over a simple “gathering” skill - so I’m glad to see that. It’s nice to be able to give a character a specific niche to shine in.

The idea behind the “voidflower” is really exciting to me. It encourages you to visit the same place under different conditions to see if you can find rarer goods. It encourages consistent study, and it rewards players for taking active interest in fully investigating a zone.

1 Like