Progression Through Perma-Death

Hey, thanks for your thoughts.

So there’s a few things to define on this system that your post has made me think about.

Obviously, one of the key requirements of such a system is that the questions or stages are able to represent in a meaningful way scenarios in a way that makes sense.

What do I mean by that? If you have a question that is your birth place, and you pick nation X, and then a question about your childhood says you are an astronaut, but said nation doesn’t even have a space program (silly example) – that would not be okay. So we need a way for the questions to be somehow exclusive to each other perhaps.

You mentioned Accursed Lands and others – can you tell me more about how it is done in these games? I think our implementation aims to take this a step further, but perhaps we can draw inspiration. The closest I can think of is games like Project Zomboid where if you pick the trait fit, you can’t pick a trait that says you’re overweight.

On the matter of RNG, I understand; at the same time, I am wary of coding two systems. Perhaps this can be counter-acted with having a way to add a few points to a specific stat so that you can finnick into the concept you want.